So let me just start off by saying, this post is FILLED WITH SPOILERS!
If you have not read, In His Corner,
what are you waiting on? ABORT MISSION!
(And grab a copy here ;))
Now, for those of you who have read it,
did you leave a review? here are a few random fun facts I thought I’d share about Bella & Princeton’s story. 🙂
- I was inspired to write this book after watching a boxing match. In fact, it was a boxer from my hometown (Shoutout to Bud Crawford), who is not in anyway a heavyweight champion but definitely a champion in his weight class.
2. Finding a heavyweight champion to model Princeton after was… interesting. As a casual fan of boxing, I honestly didn’t even know heavyweights were still
a thing popular. But the task led me to getting my Bella on by doing lots of Googling lol.
3. With that being said, the boxer I used as inspiration for Princeton was Anthony Joshua. I rarely have accurate inspiration for my characters because I can’t always find someone to match what I have in my head. But with this book, I was able to start with someone in mind and reference his pictures when I found myself… needing a boost.
I also watched TONS of videos on YouTube of him knocking people out (and taking punches) to get my mind in the right place to write the fight scenes. lol
4. The sport of boxing is a lot more technical than I realized. From the fighting styles and types of punches, to the training schedule of elite boxers, and even the meals (cherry energy gel.. ehh…), there were so many little random things I found myself
Googling researching to ensure a true fan of boxing wouldn’t be side-eying me for wild inaccuracies.
5. Princeton is younger than Bella in my head, but I don’t have an exact age for either of them. Feel free to comment and let me know how old you think they are lol
6. Bella’s transformation from not really being interested in sports to being the “go-to” for athlete interviews was one of my favorite things to write for her; particularly the way meeting Princeton not only changed her love life, but helped her find the lane she didn’t know she was looking for when it came to her writing career.
7. When I first sat down to write this book, I had no idea there’d be a pregnancy. And not only that, I had no idea Bella would be pregnant for most of the book which was something I’ve never done before. So once again, I found myself doing lots of
Googling researching to really get a grasp on everything from what Bella might be experiencing at certain stages of the pregnancy to the best sex positions during pregnancy lol.
(one time, bae caught a glimpse of my screen while I was learning about pregnancy symptoms during certain trimesters and… LMAO.)
8. The decision to have the chapters represent twelve rounds of boxing was the cutest idea ever… until I actually had to come up with twelve rounds of story lol. But I am so, so grateful that Princeton and Bella (along with their colorful cast of family and friends) gave me enough content to work with to achieve that goal.
9. The book was going to end with an epilogue titled, “Views from His Corner, as told by Bella Lattimore” until I realized I was NOT a journalist and that I should leave that up to the experts lol.
10. Last but certainly not least, this book was my first Amazon best-seller and I am SO thankful for everyone who snagged a copy, left a review, shared kind words on social media and in my inbox. Your support means the world to me and I truly couldn’t have done that without you guys. So endless thank yous all around! ❤